Learn Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe!
All ages, recreational or competitive—everyone is welcome!
Learn about the sport on land, including its rich history in Hawaiʻi and Polynesia. Then try out what you learned in the canoes on the water.
- 9 am Sundays at 101 Surf Sports
- 115 3rd St, San Rafael
- 90-minute duration
Please park on the street or in the high school parking lot.
- Water wear or clothes made with synthetic fibers (biking clothes, yoga pants are good)
- Mineral-based sunscreen (avoid ingredients oxybenzone and octinoxa)
- Sunglasses (floating or with eyewear retainer straps)
- Hats (made with synthetic fibers)
- Slip-off shoes, sandals, water shoes, or flip-flops (no shoes in the canoe)
- Water (in a refillable drinking container)
- Outrigger paddle, if you have one
- PFD (personal flotation device), if you have one
- Seat pad, if you have one
- Outrigger paddle
- PFD (personal flotation device) Type II
- A completed and signed waiver, see here
Let us know what Sunday works best for you, and tell us a bit about yourself, at [email protected] or in the form below!